Pink Tea Party Baby Shower
This past weekend I had the privilege of hosting a baby shower for one of my dearest friends (and fellow writer). She is expecting her second precious little girl which I am so excited about because I will have another “niece” to help balance my family’s trio of boys. Needless to say we don’t have anything very girly, let alone pink, in our house so I used this as the perfect excuse to theme the baby shower a pink afternoon tea party baby shower.
I’ll digress for a moment because tea party aside, selfishly this shower was as much for me as it was for my friend. Early this past November we both found out within days of each other that we were surprisingly pregnant. In our first trimester we spent a lot of time talking about cravings, morning sickness, and our fears and excitement over having surprise pregnancies, yet so grateful we were walking the journey together. But then, just before Christmas, the unthinkable happened. I had a devastating miscarriage and said goodbye to the twins I was carrying before even getting to say hello to them. Nothing describes the gut wrenching agony I felt for days, weeks, and months afterwards and at times it still feels so raw, especially having a visual reminder of how far along I should be in my own pregnancy, but I am healing. I poured my heart in to this shower; I wanted to for my friend, and I needed to for me. So to me, this baby shower was as much a celebration for my dear friend and my true love and excitement for her and her sweet anticipated arrival as it was a chance for me to secretly say goodbye to my sweet babies.
The shower this past Saturday may have been the hardest thing to put a smile on for but I am so glad I did. Mama to-be looked radiant, we were all able to enjoy good food, tea, champagne and the company of 16 beautiful women and it was a great way for my own heart to truly begin to heal.
And back to the topic at hand–prepping for this shower I learned a few DIY tricks along the way that I’m excited to share with you over the next several weeks (thanks to another brave friend that helped me craft several nights away). For now, my biggest piece of advice if you take on hosting a baby shower is to plan and start early.
So, without further adieu, Welcome Sweet Baby Everly and goodbye my precious angels.
Vintage, Pink, Afternoon Tea Party Baby Shower
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches (DIY recipe coming soon)
- Turkey, Cranberry & Cream cheese Tea Sandwiches (DIY recipe coming soon)
- Raspberry Scones (DIY recipe coming soon)
- Cream Scones (DIY recipe coming soon)
- Traditional Clotted Cream (purchased from World Market)
- Traditional English Raspberry Curd (purchased from World Market)
- Petite Fours (purchased from The Cake Lady)
- Mini Gluten Free Cupcakes (purchased from Ida’s Cupcake Cafe)
- Mini Cinnamon Rolls (purchased from Costco)
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppyseed Tea Bread (purchased from Honest Baking)
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Tea Bread (purchased from Honest Baking)
- Fruit Salad (purchased from Costco)
- Veggies (purchased from Costco)
- English Breakfast Tea
- Orange Bergamot Tea
- Peppermint Tea
- Pink Lemonade
- Guess mommy’s tummy size (with yarn)
- Guess how many m&ms are in the jar
- The guest who used my favorite tea cup
- The guest whose name was drawn from all the envelopes that had addresses filled out.
- Anyone that brought diapers was entered in to a drawing and the guest whose name was drawn won.
- Tea Mug from World Market with Traditional English Breakfast Tea
- Homemade Lavender Bath Salts (DIY tutorial coming soon) & small candles from Pier 1
- A Cup of Thanks; 2 tea bags neatly packaged (DIY tutorial coming soon)
- PomPom Clusters: Homemade–Tissue Paper Pom Pom Cluster Tutorial
- Fan Wall Decor: Homemade–DIY tutorial coming soon
- Vintage looking milk bottles–Tutorial here
- Vintage Lace Tablecloths–borrowed from the mommy-to-be who received them from her grandmother
- Baby Name Banner–Sew Paper Garland Tutorial here
- Diaper Cake–DIY tutorial coming soon
- Ombre Paper Circle Garland–DIY tutorial coming soon
- Letter ‘E’ Decor–DIY tutorial coming soon
- Frame Decor– DIY tutorial coming soon
- Vintage Decor & Tea Cups–borrowed from my mother and mother in law
- Vintage Inspired Vases–DIY tutorial coming soon