DIY Hand Board From Wood Pallets
I thought I would take a break from the house remodel stuff today and share one of Ryan’s other DIY projects. He made this beautiful Hand Board from wood pallets.
Here’s how he made this Hand Board from wood pallets…
1. He glued 4 darker pallet planks together using waterproof wood glue.
2. He then glued lighter colored pallets to the ends and put the wood grain going in the opposite direction.
3. Using a jigsaw he cut the pieces to roughly the shape he wanted.
4. Then, he did a LOT of sanding to get everything smooth and to the desired shape. Not only that but he put his signature “wave” on it with his initials and dated/stamped the back.
5. After the shape was correct he put several coats of urethane on it with wet sanding in between each coat.
6. The rubber matting was a piece of an old paddle board foam decking that he cut, shaped, and glued in place.
7. The velcro was from an old climbing shoe.
9. And finally, he used an old shoelace as the “leash” for the board.
This is one of SO many great uses for wood pallets. The H Family also made an entire kid’s kitchen from wood pallets. And there are also over 100 creative ways to use wood pallets you could check out as well.